Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Logistics




The last few days have been spent in language and program training, cruising around town and trying local cuisine. There is surprisingly a large population of East Indians in the city and it proves to be the best food. African food consists of the following FOOD (click on word to see description) I can do bland, but oh how I miss my condiments. I have decided to carry a bottle of hot sauce with me at all times to solve this problem, I would like to give a shout out to the guys at the Denver Rescue Mission for teaching me this trick.

Jinja as you would expect is full of rows of tiny shops with all goods visible on sidewalk, bicycles and motorcycles, taxi vans, potholes, markets, temples/church, street food, banks, music, masses of pedestrians, cute kids, internet cafes, beautiful Africans and Indians and photo-worthy flora and fauna. I plan to post more pictures with examples but haven’t had too much opportunity yet. Here is a good general description as well of GENERAL UGANDA ELEMENTS, I would explain all myself but why reinvent the wheel.

However here is a picture of gigantic, ugly stork that are all around, particularly the trash. I have also included a map of where I am at for those of you who aren’t so familiar with African geography.

Also people still ask what am I do and what is my host family like, two things that I, myself would like to know. As of now I have only been told what to expect but the details of reality will come shortly once I meet my family and begin work later this week.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah more pics! MMMM Franks Red Hot?