Tuesday, January 19, 2010

FIlm Independent

I often declare that I don’t like chick flicks. And in general I don’t. if it wasn’t for Tommy then I probably wouldn’t see any at all. However, today I am grateful for them. The time before a big trip or adventure, your body is being charged with a series of emotions, some complimenting each other and some fighting. Though, I met my journey’s start with anticipation and calm. It was also meet with the sadness of leaving and anxiety over small uncontrollable factors. I boarded the plane to Amsterdam a bit uneasy, heightened by my lack of sleep and familiarity. So I turned to a female testified cure- the mighty chick flick. I turned on “Love Happens” and had no reserves about laughing and crying the whole way through it. I then continued on with “Julie/Julia” and “The Young Queen Victoria”. The happier and more exaggerated love was displayed, the higher my spirits rose. This is the deal with chick flicks, they are contrived to create a specific end result. They skim the surface of human relationships and safely land you at the other side. So sometimes you allow yourself to become subject to the formula, tricking your mind into following right along with their calculated plan. Therefore, I spent my transatlantic travels in rational ignorance that not only do all movies, but my trip will have a happy ending.

No comments: