Tuesday, September 1, 2009

family glue


the day began in an extended sprint, the clouds were hanging but warmth hovered in the air.  work passed in a zoom as requests came in and out. my mouth was moving and fingers typed but moments my mind whirled. i hopped on my two wheels and pedaled past textures and colors that have become the norm. upon arrival, i was greeted with a tail waggin' but no one more.  i casually tossed my yoke and was headed to continuing the routine, until i spied.  there on the flat, oak table was a nondescript package with my very name. i looked around so as to not jinx the discovery. i picked up, turned over, looked around and then proceeded to tear open. layer by layer, sweet words and delicate details roused my anticipation and kindled my emotions. till finally, underneath a thin coating of tissue appeared butterfly wings and rings of silver. lucky me, i not only received a sentimental, elegantly crafted piece of body ornament but a new sister who i think shares a part of my very soul.

No comments: